Housing Crisis Service
- Nottingham, Wellbing Hub, 73 Hounds Gate, Nottingham, NG1 6BB
The Housing Crisis Service is a free housing-related support service for people in Nottingham city.
The service offers advice and support to reduce the risk of potential homelessness. This will be done at one off drop-ins or through agreed support for up to four weeks. The service delivers support at our city centre location and other venues across Nottingham.
The service can offer you support and advice if you:
- Are homeless, or are at risk of becoming homeless
- Are aged 16 or over
- Single, are in a couple, are a family
- Live in Nottingham city.
What we do
The Housing Crisis Service provides practical support and advice which could include:
- Checking the validity of notices, dealing with possession proceedings and evictions
- Liaising and negotiating with landlords
- Help with homeless applications
- Understanding your rights and dealing with housing officials and private landlords
- Advice on how to find accommodation (please note, we are unable to provide accommodation and do not have access to emergency accommodation)
- Help with benefit problems
- Budgeting and debt issues
- If we can’t help we’ll do our best to signpost or refer you to someone who can.
If you need support
If you think the Housing Crisis service might be right for you, you can:
- Attend a drop-in session to find out more information
- Make a self-referral to Nottingham City Admin (NCA), or with your permission an agency can make a referral on your behalf
- Call the service direct to talk to a crisis worker.
Contact and referral
For immediate advice and support please come to our office during one of our drop-in sessions at Nottingham Wellbeing Hub, 73 Hounds Gate, Nottingham NG1 6BB:
- Monday 9.15am – 12.00pm Tuesday 1.30pm – 4.00pm Wednesday 9.15am – 12.00pm
- Thursday 1.30pm – 4.00pm Friday 9.15am – 12.00pm
Office Opening Times
- Mon – Thurs 9.00am – 5.00pm
- (Closed Thursday 11.00am – 1.30pm)
- Friday 9.00am – 4.30pmt: 0800 917 1396 / 0115 970 9580 e: email@example.com
Referrals can also be made by calling 0115 8504080 or visiting www.centralaccesspoint.org
The Housing Crisis Team will contact you within seven days to arrange an assessment.