On-site Practice Supervisor
- Be available for pre-practice consultation with the prospective student to clarify whether the practice setting is viable
- Work with their line manager to prepare the team, office, practice setting and service users for the student’s arrival
- Provide an induction programme and be available to meet with the student and learning advisor, both to draw up the learning agreement and for review meetings
- Ensure the student is provided with details of the agency’s Health and Safety policy procedures
- Allocate time for supervision as required
- Arrange 3 way supervisions with Practice Educator as required
- Provide the student with the relevant information about policy, procedures and practices within the practice learning setting
- Offer support
- Manage the work of the student on a day-to-day basis and to provide appropriate work and learning opportunities
- Supply evidence of competence to the Practice Educator.
The student placement coordinator will also provide a handbook which gives further information and practical advice regarding this role.